CARC: Beginner's Introduction to High Performance Computing (Online) Online
Be sure your CARC account request has been approved before registering for this workshop.
This workshop provides a very basic introduction to computing at CARC. Among other topics students learn how to
- Login to CARC systems with SSH
- Use the BASH shell
- Navigate CARC filesystems
- Upload and download data to CARC systems
- Get access to software using the module system
- Run a program with SLURM interactively
We will also go over the basic organisation of a high performance computing cluster.
This workshop is intended to prepare new CARC users with no prior experience for the Intermediate Workshop.
This workshop will be held online at this link: https://unm.zoom.us/my/matthewfricke
- Thursday, October 5, 2023
- 9:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.