CARC: Beginner's Introduction to High Performance Computing In-Person
Be sure your CARC account request has been approved before registering for this workshop.
This workshop provides a very basic introduction to computing at CARC. Among other topics students learn how to
- Login to CARC systems with SSH
- Use the BASH shell
- Navigate CARC filesystems
- Upload and download data to CARC systems
- Get access to software using the module system
- Run a program with SLURM interactively
We will also go over the basic organisation of a high performance computing cluster.
This course is intended to prepare new CARC users with no prior experience for the Intermediate Workshop.
The event will be in the workshop room at CARC. CARC's address and a map are here: https://carc.unm.edu/contact-us/visitors.html. You can use your UNM PROX card to enter through the main doors.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)